Software/Hardware Design by TOS Systems
- A single source for multi-discipline designs
Thank you for visiting the TOS Systems Inc. Software/Hardware design
services page. TOS is located in the Wellesley Massachusetts area. We can
provide on site consulting in the greater Boston area, or off site designs
at our office. TOS Systems is a full-service engineering firm that offers
a comprehensive set of system layout, hardware design, software engineering,
product design, and project management capabilities.
TOS System's design capabilities include computer programming, embedded system design,
firmware design, system design, digital design, analog design, electro-mechanical
integration, air quality modeling and measurement, sensor design, transducer design,
data collection design, telemetry design, and project management. We have moved
many instruments through their complete development cycle from initial concept through
design goal specifications, software/hardware design, prototype development, packaging,
production, assembly, testing, certification, and documentation phases. The computer-controlled
instruments we have helped develop include: extreme resolution auto-focusing scanning
microscopes for the bio-tech industry, high speed CCD inspection equipment for the
semiconductor and nanotechnology industries, automatic laser inspectors for the
magnetic media industry, robotic handling systems for clean room applications, LED
and laser triangulation based distance monitors for security systems, and environmental
monitoring instruments for air quality.
Software design experience and capabilities:
- embedded systems, microprocessor and microcontroller firmware
- robotic control, image processing, data collection, data display
- air and noise quality modeling with database software
- graphical user interface software
- camera and frame grabber interfaces including Dalsa, Roper, and Coreco
- autofocusing programs for biotech applications
- biomedical programming for gene testing and DNA pattern matching
- wireless instrument networking
- programming languages including VisualStudio.net C++, C#, C, Java, Assembly (80x86,
PIC16xx, 8051), Visual BASIC, Visual.net, ASP, SourceSafe, DOS (batch files, interrupts, drivers),
ASIC, FORTRAN, FORTH, COBOL, LISP, and many others
- tools including Orcad, Easy-PC PCB layout , MS Excel, MS WORD, Visio, PowerPoint,
Freelance, MS Multiplan, Lotus 123, dBASE, Word Perfect
- database applications with SQL2005, SQL2002, SQLExpress, MS Access, Oracle
- driver interfaces including DirectX, SCSI, DMA, BIOS, RS232, mouse, and printer
- display interfaces including LCD, LED, plasma, and touch display drivers
- control applications including Galil and Copley motion control languages, Adaptec
SCSI API, WIT
- bus communication including SECS, RS232, SCSI, USB
- file format conversion with Gerber RS274x, MEBES, bmp, and dxf
- World Wide Web site setup and www authoring. Initiated Wellesley E-Mall, and North
East Industrial and Business Directory on the Web.
- bar code reader decoding and interface software
Hardware design experience and capabilities
- analog design of low and medium frequency circuits. A/D, D/A. Schematic entry on
- digital design with TTL and CMOS gates, PALS, 80x86, 1802, 8049, 8051, and PIC16Cxx
- PCB layout with Easy-PC
- PC104, I2C, STD bus products, SCSI, and GPIB
- low level light detection circuits utilizing synchronous detection
- laser power control and laser scanning circuitry for semiconductor inspection
- switching power supply and high efficiency solenoid driver design
- photo-multiplier tube and photo diode preamp circuitry
- DC and stepper motor control circuits
- Distance sensors using LED and laser triangulation
- ESD static control, ESD field, and ionization charge balance measurement
- air pollution monitoring instrumentation
- capacitive pressure transducers and accelerometers
- flat plate solar energy collector monitors
new opportunities to find low cost innovative solutions for your problems
and take pride in our design work and customer satisfaction.
For additional on-line information, click on:
Resumes - Roger Stern
Home Page - TOS Systems Inc
Custom Instrument Manufacturing - TOS Systems
Distance Monitoring Equipment - TOS Systems Inc
TOS Systems Inc.
PO Box 81-128 Wellesley Hills, MA 02481-0001
Wellesley office phone & fax: 781-431-2456
Lexington office phone & fax: 781-861-9018
Thank you for visiting the TOS Systems Inc website.
Comments or Problems
For more information on TOS System's products and services please send
e-mail to TOS@TosSystems.com,
phone Roger Stern at 781-431-2456 or FAX your request to 781-431-2456.
Or call or fax Gary Tiani at our Lexington, MA office at 781-861-9018.
If you have problems or comments concerning our WWW service, please contact
us at any of the above addresses.
This page, and all contents, are Copyright (C) 1995-2007 by TOS Systems Inc.
PO Box 81-128 Wellesley MA USA